Ontario immigration announced the closing of intake period for the Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream. It was a popular stream, opened on Aug 27, 2019, but now is closed with effect from Sep 23.
Canada jobs and the part of the provinces
The OINP further stated that the Employer Job Offer streams catering to the Foreign Workers plus the International Students are also closed for the present year. Both these streams had a major boost in applications during 2019 and the fact that the Federal nomination allocation in Ontario was limited resulting in the province meeting the yearly application target.
Additionally both The Streams will be re-opened in 2020 for accepting applications in the fresh nomination year. Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream in Ontario is open and will accept the applications.
The Employer Job Offer category was a replacement to the Employer Pre-Screened category and its major difference was that the candidate, instead of the employer, was the force behind the application process.
Its Eligibility Requirements
Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream
For qualifying under this stream, applicants need to have:
- Permanent/full-time offer of job in NOC 0/A/B meeting the median wage levels for the province, and have the position s necessary to manage the business
- For people already working in that position, the wage proposed has to be equal or better than the present wage paid.
- Two years of cumulative and relevant work experience in the preceding five years prior to the application date.
- Mandatory licensing in Ontario, if it is the requirement of position.
- Living abroad, or studying, working, or visiting Canada on a permit that has validity
- A wish for settling in Ontario
- The businesses also must meet a set of requirements in the stream:
- Active for the last three years
- Having premises in Ontario
- Complying with all legislation regarding the employment, safety and health
When the location is in Greater Toronto Area:
Minimum gross yearly revenue of $1,000,000 and five employees serving full-time who need to be citizens or permanent residents of Canada
When the location is outside GTA:
For Foreign Worker Stream:
- Minimum gross yearly revenue of $500,000 and three employees serving full-time who need to be citizens or permanent residents of Canada
- Showing recruitment efforts when the applicant resides outside Canada or works in Canada but outside Ontario
- In case the applicant is presently working in Ontario, the norm is waived.
Stay connected to Visatime to get updates about visa news from Asia, Africa, USA Australia, Europe, Canada and the Middle East! We will also assist you with the visa process for the chosen country.